I am a duo licenced Manual Osteopath and Registered Massage Therapist, practicing in the health and wellness field for over 20 years. I work with people to address their pain, and help them move toward optimal health. In my treatments, I approach the body as a dynamic unit, to restore alignment in a gentle manner, allowing for proper function, health and wellness. I apply my decades of experience to help support individuals struggling with chronic and acute conditions alike.
In 2002 I received an Advanced Diploma in Massage Therapy from Centennial college, and became a member of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. From this point on, with a strong desire, to better understand body and how to maintain health, I began pursuing continued education relating to Fascia, PNF stretching, Yoga, Personal Training, and Structural Alignment. I completed my 500 hr RYT, studied intensively the Anatomy trains, Ida Rolf, and personal training.
My love of classical osteopathy began over 15 years ago, when I was first introduced to it, as a means to address my repetitive strain injuries, and as a way to manage my scoliosis. My chronic pain from my scoliosis had improved more than I had thought possible. I instantly was drawn to learn more. I decided to take the leap and embark on the full-time study of Osteopathy.
Through my post-graduate studies and courses in Cranial-Facial and Cervical Trauma and Tension I am able to address conditions like:
- facial asymmetry, sinus problems and pain
- headaches, migraines
- torticollis, degenerative discs, cervical/spinal stenosis
- whiplash (including to the eye), MS, tactile defensiveness, hypersensitivity, trigeminal neuralgia, Bell’s palsy
- tongue thrust, tongue tie, tooth trauma including braces and post-dental, clenching, grinding or repeated stress on the jaw and teeth
- mouth breathing, swallowing and speech disorders, TMJ dysfunction, fractures (socket, jaw), mandible misalignment (bite problems)
- hearing problems that accompany TMJ and sinus issues, understanding tinnitus
- post-concussion syndrome, traumatic brain injury, post-stroke, post-seizure, post-infection
- sleep-wake issues, apnea, snoring, grinding & clenching
- inflammation, congestion and pressure problems
- nerve injury or tension on any of the 12 pairs of cranial nerves
- consequences of calcification
I am also able to apply Shockwave Therapy and PEMF treatments for Tendon & Ligament sprains, strains, degeneration and injury, Calcifications, Bone Spurs, Arthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Shin Splints and Fractures.